Place:


Stewton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stewton like this:

STEWTON, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 2 miles E by S of Louth r. station. Post town, Louth. Acres, 971. Real property, £1,547. Pop., 73. Houses, 13. Bricks, tiles, and drainpipes are made. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £202.* Patron, G. Tomline, Esq. The church is good.

Stewton through time

Stewton is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stewton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stewton, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13740

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stewton ".