In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Steeping like this:
STEEPING (Little), a parish, with a r. station, in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the East Lincoln railway, 3½ miles SE of Spilsby. Post town, Spilsby. Acres, 1,490. Real property, £1,997. Pop., 326. Houses, 69. The manor belongs to W. Pinder, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £181.* Patron, Lord Willoughby D'Eresby. The church is later English. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a free school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Steeping has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Steeping and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Steeping, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Steeping".