In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bishop Monkton like this:
BISHOP-MONKTON, a township-chapelry in Ripon parish, W. R. Yorkshire; adjacent to the Northeastern railway, 1½ mile NE of Wormald-Green station, and 4 SSE of Ripon. It has a post office under Ripon. Acres, 2,089. Real property, £3,734. Pop., 444. Houses, 112. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £100. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ripon. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bishop Monkton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harrogate. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bishop Monkton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bishop Monkton, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bishop Monkton".