In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kinson like this:
KINGSTONE, or KINSON, a village, a tything, and a chapelry in Great Canford parish, Dorset. The village stands on the river Stour, 1¾ mile W of the boundary with Hants, and 3¾ ESE of Wimborne r. station; is a considerable place; and has a post office, of the name of Kinson, under Wimborne. The tything comprises 4, 715 acres. Real property, £5, 237. Pop. in 1851, 918; in 1861, 1, 201. Houses, 260. The chapelry does not seem to have definite limits; and the living of it is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Great Canford, in the diocese of Salisbury.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kinson has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bournemouth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kinson and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kinson, in Bournemouth and Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kinson".