In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanrhydd like this:
LLANRHYDD, a parish in Ruthin district, Denbigh; 1½ mile W by S of Ruthin r. station. It includes part of Ruthin borough, and contains Ruthin workhouse. Post town, Ruthin, Denbighshire. Acres with Ruthin parish, 1,989. Real property of Llanrhydd-Ucha, £1,520. Pop. of the entire parish, 965. Houses, 209. Pop. of the part within Ruthin borough, 886. Houses, 1 91. The property is much subdivided. Plas-Llanrhydd is the seat of G. Johnson, Esq. There is a mineral spring. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Ruthin, in the diocese of St. Asaph. The church was recently restored, and contains a fine monument to the Thelwalls. Charities, £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanrhydd has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanrhydd and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanrhydd in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanrhydd".