In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stainton By Langworth like this:
STAINTON-BY-LANGWORTH, a parish, with three hamlets, in the district and county of Lincoln; 1¼ mile NNE of Langworth r. station, and 4 W of Wragby. Post town, Lincoln. Acres, 3,021. Real property, £3,320. Pop., 213. Houses, 40. The manor belongs to the Earl of Scarborough. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £183. Patron, the Earl of Scarborough. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stainton By Langworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stainton By Langworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stainton by Langworth, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stainton By Langworth".