Place:


Market Stainton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Market Stainton like this:

STAINTON-MARKET, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 7 miles N by W of Horncastle r. station. Post town, Wragby. Acres, 1,180. Real property, £1,654. Pop., 108. Houses, 21. The property is not much divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln Value, £82. Patron, J. Field, Esq. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Market Stainton through time

Market Stainton is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Market Stainton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Market Stainton, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13662

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Market Stainton ".