In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfwrog like this:
LLANFWROG, a parish in Ruthin district, Denbigh; on the river Clwyd, and on the Denbigh, Ruthin, and Corwen railway; containing part of Ruthin borough, and including the townships of Pen-y-Coed, Cil-y-Groestwyd, Bodlyngharad-Isaf, Bodlyngharad-Uchaf, and Caltegfa. Post town, Ruthin, Denbighshire. Acres, 3,068. Rated property, £4,455. Pop., 1,425. Houses, 355. Pop. of the part in Ruthin borough, 1,151. Houses, 293. The property is not much divided. Pool Park is a seat of Lord Bagot, was rebuilt in 1828, and is in the Tudor style. ...
Woodlands, and Plâs-Newydd also are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaplh. Value, £456. Patron, the Bishop of St. David,s. 'T he church is double-bodied, and has some rather singular arcades. There are a Baptist chapel, an hospital with £100 a year from endowment, and other charities £9. The hospital is for ten poor persons, was erected in 1708, and was founded and endowed by Lady Jane Bagot.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfwrog has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Denbighshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfwrog and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfwrog in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfwrog".