In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd like this:
LLANFAIR-DYFFRYN-CLWYD, a parish in Ruthin district, Denbigh; on the upper part of the river Clwyd, adjacent to the Denbigh, Ruthin, and Corwen railway, 2 miles SE of Ruthin. It has a post office under Ruthin; and it contains the townships of Derwen, Llanerch, Euarth, Faynol, and Garthgynan. Acres, 5,028. ...
Real property, £7,426. Pop., 1,263. Houses, 272. The manor belongs to the Bishop of Bangor. Au ancient camp, called Y Caeran, occupies about 7 acres. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is later English, has some stained glass windows, and contains some old monuments. The chapelry of Jesus Chapel is a separate charge, a p. curacy of the value of £60, in the patronage of R. Parry, Esq. Charities, £87.
Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd is now part of Denbighshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Denbighshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd ".