In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spanby like this:
SPANBY, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 5 miles SSE of Sleaford r. station. Post town, Falkingham. Acres, 1,019. Real property, £1,374. Pop., 75. Houses, 15. The manor belongs to W. Cragg, Esq. The living is a rectory, annexed to Swaton.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Spanby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Spanby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spanby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Spanby".