In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Snelland like this:
SNELLAND, a parish, with a village and a r. station, in the district and county of Lincoln; on the Lincoln and Grimsby railway, 9 miles NE of Lincoln. Post town, Wragby. Acres, 1,261. Real property, £1,696. Pop., 138. Houses, 22. The manor belongs to the Hon.H. Cust. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £227.* Patron, the Hon.H. Cust. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Snelland has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Snelland and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Snelland, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Snelland".