Place:


Snarford  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Snarford like this:

SNARFORD, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; 2 miles W of Wickenby r. station, and 6 SW by S of Market-Rasen. Post town, Market-Rasen. Acres, 1,120. Real property, £1,233. Pop., 97. Houses, 15. The manor belongs to Sir J. Doughty. The living is a rectory, annexed to Friesthorpe. The church contains some fine monuments.

Snarford through time

Snarford is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Snarford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Snarford, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13581

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Snarford ".