Place:


Scredington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Scredington like this:

SCREDINGTON, a village and a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln. The village stands near the Bourn and Sleaford railway, 3½ miles S E by S of Sleaford. The parish contains also the hamlet of Northbeck; and itspost-town is Folkingham. Acres, 1,850. Real property, £2, 672. Pop., 392. Houses, 80. The property is much subdivided. Bricks are made. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of L. The church is tolerable; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £23.

Scredington through time

Scredington is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Scredington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Scredington, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13554

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Scredington ".