In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Scopwick like this:
SCOPWICK, a parish, with a village, in Sleaford district, Lincoln; near the Sleaford and Lincoln railway, 8½ miles N of Sleaford. It has a post-office under Sleaford. Acres, 3, 190. Real property, £3, 759. Pop., 383. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to H. Chaplin, Esq.several ancient earthworks are on S. heath. The parish is a meet for the Burton hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £185.* Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church was partly rebuilt in 1806. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a Churchschool.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Scopwick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Scopwick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Scopwick, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Scopwick".