In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Riby like this:
RIBY, a parish, with a village, in Caistor district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 3¼ miles S S W of Stalling borough r station, and 5¾ W S W of Great Grimsby. Post-town, Grimsby. Acres, 2, 749. Real property, £4, 612. Pop., 242. Houses, 49. The property belongs to G. Tomline, Esq. R. Hall is Mr. T.'s seat. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £80. Patron, G. Tomline, Esq. The church is old and ivy-clad, and contains memorials of the Tomlines.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Riby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Riby ".