In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ston Easton like this:
STONE-EASTON, a parish, with a village, in Clutton district, Somerset; under the Mendip hills, 4½ miles W by S of Radstock r. station. It has a post-office under Bath. Acres, 1,374. Real property, £3,399. Pop., 431. Houses, 94. The manor, with S. E. House, belongs to J. Hippisley, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with Chewton-Mendip, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £120. Patron, R. P. Philpott, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a parochial school and some charities.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ston Easton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mendip. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ston Easton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ston Easton, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ston Easton".