In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pointon like this:
POINTON, a village and a chapelry in Semperingham parish, Lincoln. The village stands 2¾ miles E S E of Falkingham, and 7½ S by W of Heckington r. station; is a pleasant place; and has a post-office under Falkingham. The chapelry comprises 1, 630 acres. Real property, £3, 288. Pop., 510. Houses, 96. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Semperingham, in the diocese of Lincoln.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Pointon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Pointon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pointon, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pointon".