In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Osbournby like this:
OSBOURNBY, a village and a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln. The village stands near the Lincoln, Sleaford, and Bourn railway, 3 miles N of Folkingham, and 5½ S of Sleaford; is a neat place; and has a post-office under Folkingham. The parish comprises 1, 260 acres. Real property, £3, 422. Pop., 613. Houses, 138. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Sir T. Whichcote, Bart.; and Osbournby Hall is the residence of G. Whichcote, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. value, £234.* Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church is later English, in good condition; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and contains a Norman font and some richly carved seats. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed day-school with £20 a year, and an endowed infant school with £15.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Osbournby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Osbournby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Osbournby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Osbournby".