In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trent like this:
TRENT, a parish in the district of Sherborne and county of Somerset; 2¾ miles NE of Yeovil r. station. Post town, Sherborne. Acres, 1,590. Real property, £4,554. Pop., 512. Houses, 122. The manor belongs to H. D. Seymour, Esq. T. House belonged to the Wyndhams; gave concealment for 15 days to Charles II., after the battle of Worcester; and is now a farmhouse. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £514.* Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church was restored and enlarged in 1840; and is a very fine edifice, with a spire. There are an endowed school with £120 a year, four alms houses, and other charities £24.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Trent has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Trent and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trent, in West Dorset and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd September 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Trent".