In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Timsbury like this:
TIMSBURY, a parish, with a village, in Clutton district, Somerset; 2¾ miles NNW of Radstock r. station. It has a post-office under Bath. Acres, 1,148. Real property, £8,799; of which £3,684 are in mines. Pop., 1,551. Houses, 323. T. House is the seat of S. S. Samborne, Esq.; and Vale House, of J. Langford, Esq. Coal is largely worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £390.* Patron, Baliol College, Oxford. The church was rebuilt mainly in 1825, partly in 1852. There are Independent and Wesleyan chapels and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Timsbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bath and North East Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Timsbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Timsbury in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Timsbury".