In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Navenby like this:
NAVENBY, a village and parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The village stands near Ermine-street, and near the Bourn and Lincoln railway, whichwas in course of formation in 1867, 2¾ miles E of the river Brant, and 9 S of Lincoln; is a polling-place for the parts of Kesteven; was formerly a market-town, with an ancient cross; and has a post-office under Grantham, a pleasure fair on the Thursday before Easter, and abusiness fair on 17 Oct. The parish comprises 2, 110 acres. Real property, £5, 622; of which £20 are in gas-works. ...
Pop. in 1851, 1,057; in 1861, 1, 170. Houses, 241. The manor belongs to the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The area extends to the river Brant; and isdiversified by the South Cliff hills, which command an extensive view. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £588.* Patron, Christ College, Cambridge. The church is partly early English, partly decorated; is large and handsome; and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a parochial school with £133 a year from endowment, and charities £68.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Navenby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Navenby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Navenby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th February 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Navenby".