In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Muckton like this:
MUCKTON, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; adjacent to the East Lincoln railway, 1¾ mile N N W of Authorpe r. station, and 4½ S S E of Louth. Post-town, Louth. Acres, 1,025. Real property, £1,060. Pop., 106. Houses, 21. The manor belongs to the Rev. J. M. Lister. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £150.* Patron, H. Lister, Esq. The church consists of nave and chancel, with bell-turret.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Muckton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Muckton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Muckton, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Muckton".