In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stringtson like this:
STRINGSTON, a parish in Williton district, Somerset; 6 miles E of Williton r. station. Post town, Holford, under Bridgewater. Acres, 1,193. Real property, £828. Pop., 144. Houses, 25. The manor belongs to Sir H. Oglander, Bart. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Kilve. The church is plain.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stringtson has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stringtson and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stringtson in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stringtson".