In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke Pero like this:
STOKE-PERO, a parish in Williton district, Somerset; on the E side of Exmoor, 13 miles W of Watchet r. station. Post town, Minehead, under Taunton. Acres, 3,422. Pop., 51. Houses, 10. The manor belongs to Sir T. D. Acland and Mr. W. Tamlyn. Red deer are plentiful. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £92. Patron, J. Quick, Esq.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stoke Pero has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stoke Pero and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke Pero in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stoke Pero".