In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stawell like this:
STAWELL, a chapelry in Moorlinch parish, Somerset; 4 miles E by N of Bridgewater r. station. Post town Bridgewater. Acres, 973. Real property, £2,207. Pop., 173. Houses, 47. The living is annexed to Moorlinch.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stawell has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sedgemoor. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stawell and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stawell, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stawell".