In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spaxton like this:
SPAXTON, a parish in Bridgewater district, Somerset; 6 miles W of Bridgewater r. station. It contains S. village and Courtway, Merridge, and Four-Forks hamlets; the last of which has a post-office under Bridgewater. Acres, 3,387. Rated property, £5,270. Pop., 1,057. Houses, 230. The property is much subdivided. Stone is quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £594.* Patron, the Rev. J. Galloway. The church is later English and good. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, a national school, and charities £150.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spaxton, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Spaxton ".