In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Michaelchurch like this:
MICHAELCHURCH (ST.), a parish in Bridgewater district, Somerset; on the Bridgewater and Taunton canal, near the Bristol and Exeter railway, 5 miles S of Bridgewater. Post town, Bridgewater. Acres, 43. Real property, £510. Pop., 29. Houses, 5. The property belongs to Sir Alfred Slade, Bart. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £60. Patron, Sir P. Acland, Bart. The church consists of nave, with a low tower; and contains monuments of the Slades.
St Michaelchurch is now part of Sedgemoor district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sedgemoor has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Michaelchurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Michaelchurch, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Michaelchurch ".