In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Michaelchurch like this:
MICHAELCHURCH (ST.), a parish in Bridgewater district, Somerset; on the Bridgewater and Taunton canal, near the Bristol and Exeter railway, 5 miles S of Bridgewater. Post town, Bridgewater. Acres, 43. Real property, £510. Pop., 29. Houses, 5. The property belongs to Sir Alfred Slade, Bart. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £60. Patron, Sir P. Acland, Bart. The church consists of nave, with a low tower; and contains monuments of the Slades.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing St Michaelchurch has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sedgemoor. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering St Michaelchurch and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Michaelchurch, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St Michaelchurch".