In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Quantoxhead like this:
QUANTOXHEAD (West), a parish in Williton district, Somerset; on the coast, under the end of the Quantock hills, 1¾ mile E by N of Williton r. station, and 2¾ E by S of Watchet. It has a post-office under Bridgewater. The parish comprises 1, 411 acres of land and 80 of water. Real property, £1, 496. Pop., 223. Houses, 47. The manor, with St. Audries House, belongs to Sir A. Acland Hood, Bart. Weacombe House is the seat of Mrs. Pritchard and Mrs. Wart, coheiresses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £300.* Patron, Sir A. A. Hood, Bart. The church was rebuilt in 1856, at a cost of about £8,000; and consists of nave, aisles, chancel, chantry-chapel, and porch, with a tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing West Quantoxhead has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering West Quantoxhead and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Quantoxhead in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th December 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "West Quantoxhead".