In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Preston Plucknett like this:
PRESTON-PLUCKNETT, a village and a parish in Yeovil district, Somerset. The village stands 1 mile N N E of Yeovil r. station; and has a post-office, of the name of Preston, under Yeovil. The parish comprises 790 acres. Real property, £2, 409. Pop., 363. Houses, 73. Most of the property belongs to LadyJ. Fane and R. Tucker, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Yeovil, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church is early English, and has a tower. Charities, £7.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Preston Plucknett has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Preston Plucknett and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Preston Plucknett in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Preston Plucknett".