In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Pennard like this:
PENNARD (East), a village and a parish in Shepton-Mallet district, Somerset. The village stands on the Fosse way, 4 miles S S W of Shepton-Mallet r. station; and has a post-office under Shepton-Mallet. The parish contains also the hamlets of Stone, Parbrook, and Huxham. Acres, 2, 829. Real property, £6, 676. Pop., 631. Houses, 138. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to E. B. Napier, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of West Bradley, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £300.* Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church is later English; was partly restored in 1854; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with porch and tower; and contains a Norman font, an oak altar-screen, and monuments of the Martins and the Napiers. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a church school, and charities £35.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing East Pennard has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mendip. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering East Pennard and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Pennard, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "East Pennard".