In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Brownswood Park like this:
South Hornsey, local government dist., Hornsey par., Middlesex, in N. suburbs of London, pop. 14,593.
The location is that of the Church of St John the Evangelist, Brownswood Park. The area took its name from the manor of Brownswood, more details being given in 'Hornsey, including Highgate: Manors', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6: Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey with Highgate (1980), pp. 140-146 (http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22521; date accessed: 31 May 2011).
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brownswood Park has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Haringey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brownswood Park and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brownswood Park, in Haringey and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brownswood Park".