In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Misterton like this:
MISTERTON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in the district of Beaminster and county of Somerset. The village stands near the Yeovil and Exeter railway, 1 mile N of the boundary with Dorset, and 1½ SE of Crewkerne; and has a post office under Crewkerne. The parish comprises 1,417 acres. Real property, £2,923. Pop., 588. Houses, 118. The property is much subdivided. The Manor House is the Seat of W.Lambert, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £196. * Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Winchester. The church is plain but good; and consists of nave and chancel, with bell-turret. Charities, £39.The sub-district contains also another parish in Somerset, and three in Dorset. Acres, 5,180. Pop., 1,630. Houses, 336.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Misterton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Misterton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Misterton in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Misterton".