In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milton Clevedon like this:
MILTON-CLEVEDON, a parish, with a village, in Shepton-Mallett district, Somerset; on the Glastonbury and Bruton railway, 1 mile S of Evercreech, and 2 NW of Bruton. Post town, Evercreech, under Bath. Acres, 1,221. Real property, £2,299. Pop., 210. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Earl of Ilchester. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £263.* Patron, the Earl of Ilchester. The church is later English; was restored in 1760, and the chancel rebuilt in 1780; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower. There are a national school, and charities £17.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Milton Clevedon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Mendip. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Milton Clevedon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milton Clevedon, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Milton Clevedon".