In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Middlezoy like this:
MIDDLEZOY, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Bridgewater district, Somerset. The village stands on a rising-ground, about 2 miles from the river Parrct, 4 N of Athelney r. station, and 6 SE of Bridgewater; and has a post office under Bridgewater. The parish contains also the hamlets of Long-Acre and Thorngrove. Acres, 2,520. Real property, £5,787. Pop., 725. Houses, 153. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to K. M. King, Esq. Moorland House is the seat of T. Perratt, Esq. ...
The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £138.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is chiefly later English, in fair condition; has a very fine tower; and comprises nave, S aisle, transept, porch, and chancel. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.The sub-district contains also three other parishes, and small parts of two others. Pop., 2,737. Houses, 599.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Middlezoy has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Sedgemoor. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Middlezoy and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Middlezoy, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Middlezoy".