In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Middlezoy like this:
MIDDLEZOY, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Bridgewater district, Somerset. The village stands on a rising-ground, about 2 miles from the river Parrct, 4 N of Athelney r. station, and 6 SE of Bridgewater; and has a post office under Bridgewater. The parish contains also the hamlets of Long-Acre and Thorngrove. ...
Acres, 2,520. Real property, £5,787. Pop., 725. Houses, 153. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to K. M. King, Esq. Moorland House is the seat of T. Perratt, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £138.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is chiefly later English, in fair condition; has a very fine tower; and comprises nave, S aisle, transept, porch, and chancel. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.The sub-district contains also three other parishes, and small parts of two others. Pop., 2,737. Houses, 599.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Middlezoy, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Middlezoy ".