In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Marston Bigot like this:
MARSTON-BIGOTT, a village and a parish in Frome district, Somerset. The village stands near the East Somerset railway, 2½ miles SW of Frome r. station; and gives the title of Baron to the Earl of Cork. The parish contains also the hamlet of Gaer-Hill; and its Post town is Frome. Acres, 2,238. ...
Real property, £4,010. Pop. in 1851,449; in 1861,379. Houses, 83. The property is subdivided. The manor, with Marston House, belongs to the Earl of Cork; and came into the possession of his ancestors about 1630. A spot called MarstonMoat was the site of a more ancient manor-house. A field called Conqueror's Mead, near that spct, is said to lhave been the scene of a great battle in ancient times; and it has a barrow, supposed to have been formed by intern ent of the slain. A bastard freestone abounds, and is used for mortar and for manure. Bricks and tiles are made. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £280.* Patron, the Earl of Cork. The church was rebuilt in 1789; is in the Norman style; consists of nave and chancel, with porch and tower; and has beautiful stained glass windows. A chapel of ease is at Gaer-Hill: and national schools are there and at the village.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Marston Bigot, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Marston Bigot ".