In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lydeard St Lawrence like this:
LYDEARD-ST.LAWRENCE, a village and a parish in Taunton district, Somerset. The village stands 2 miles NNE of Bishops-Lydeard r. station, and 8 NW of Taunton; and has a post office under Taurnton. The parish comprises 2,697 acres. Real property, £3,947. Pop., 664. Houses, 134. The property is divided chiefly among four. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £322.* Patron, R. Harvey, Esq. The church is partly of the 14th century, mainly of the 15th; and consists of nave, aisle, transept, and chancel, with porch and tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lydeard St Lawrence has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Taunton Deane. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lydeard St Lawrence and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lydeard St Lawrence, in Taunton Deane and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lydeard St Lawrence".