In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Luccombe like this:
LUCKHAM, or LUCOMBE, a village and a parish in Williton district, Somerset. The village stands 4 miles SW of Minehead, and 11 W of Watchet r. station. The parish contains also the hamlets of West Luckham, Doverhays, and Horner. Post town, Minehead, under Taunton. Acres, 4,126: of which 20 are water. Real property, £1,369. Pop., 474. Houses, 107. The property is divided chiefly among three. The manor belongs to Sir T. D. Acland, Bart. Iron ore was formerly worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £417.* Patron, Sir T. D. Acland, Bart. The church is early English; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower. Charities, £4.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Luccombe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Luccombe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Luccombe in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Luccombe".