In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Loxton like this:
LOXTON, a village and a parish in Axbridge district, Somerset. The village stands on the river Axe, 3½ miles WNW of Axbridge, and 3½ SE of Weston-super-Mare Junction r. station; and has a postal pillar-box under Weston-super-Mare. The parish comprises 1,203 acres Real property, £2,696. Pop. in 1851,209; in 1 861, 154. Houses, 33. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Major Galton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £284.* Patron, the Rev. T. Barne. The church is a good stone edifice, in a mixed style; and consists of nave and chancel, with a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a slightly endowed school, and charities £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Loxton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Loxton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Loxton in North Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Loxton".