In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Huddleston like this:
HUDDLESTON AND LUMBY, a township in Sherburn parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Leeds and Selby railway, 2 miles E by N of Milford Junction, and 8 NNE of Pontefract. Acres, 1, 381. Real property, £1, 572; of which £70 are in quarries. Pop., 267. Houses, 55. The manor belongs to Lord Ashtown. Huddleston Hall is a very ancient mansion; was formerly the seat of the Hungate family; and is now occupied by John Woodward, Esq. A fine white building stone, known as Huddleston quarry stone, and which was the material of Henry VII.'s chapel at Westminster, is worked.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Huddleston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Selby. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Huddleston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Huddleston, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Huddleston".