In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Minting like this:
MINTING, a village and a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln. The village stands on an affluent off the river Witham, 5½ miles NE of Bardney r. station, and 5½ NW by W of Horncastle; and has a post office under Horncastle. The parish comprises 2,543 acres. Real property, £3,493. Pop., 422. Houses, 95. The property is much divided. The manor belongs to Robert Vyner, Esq. Minting Lodge is a chief residence. An alien priory of Benedictines stood here; was given, at the suppression of alien monasteries, to the Carthusian at Mount Grace; went afterwards, by exchange, to the Dean and Chapter of Westminster; and passed to the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. ...
The living is a rectory and a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Valne, £437.* Patron, St. John s College, Cambridge. The church consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with bell-turret; and is in good condition. There is a parochial school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Minting has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Minting and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Minting, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st February 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Minting".