In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kittisford like this:
KITTISFORD, a parish, with a village, in Wellington district, Somerset; on the Western canal and the river Tone, near the boundary with Devon, 4 miles W by N of Wellington r. station. Post town, Wellington, Somerset. Acres, 952. Real property, £1, 419. Pop., 133. Houses, 26. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to R.T. Pearce, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £320. * Patron, the Rev. J. P. Walsh. The church is old; and consists of nave, aisle, N chantry, and chancel, with porch and tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kittisford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Taunton Deane. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kittisford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kittisford, in Taunton Deane and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kittisford".