In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingweston like this:
KINGWESTON, a parish in Langport district, Somerset; 3 miles NE of Somerton, and 4½ SSW of West Pennard r. station. Post town, Somerton, under Taunton. Acres, 1, 166. Real property, £1, 203; of which £12 are in quarries. Pop., 172. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Kingweston House, belongs to F. H. Dickinson, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and WellsValue, £156.* Patron, F. H. Dickinson, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1855; is in the early English style; and comprises nave, transept, and chancel, with porch and clock spire. A school is supported by Mr. Dickinson.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kingweston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kingweston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingweston in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kingweston".