In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingsbury Episcopi like this:
KINGSBURY-EPISCOPI, a parish in Langport district, Somerset; on the river Parret, 2½ miles NW of Martock r. station, and 4 SSE of Langport. It has a post office, of the name of Kingsbury, under Ilminster; and it contains the tythings of Burrow, Lake, Stembridge, West Lambrook, and East Lambrook, and the hamlets of Middle Lambrook, Southay, and Thorney. Acres, 3, 646. Real property, £9, 648. Pop., 1,838Houses, 351. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to W. Wyndham, Esq. ...
The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £360.* Patron, the Chancellor of Wells Cathedral. The church is of the time of Henry VII.; was restored in 1845 and 1849; and consists of nave, aisles, transept, and chancel, with porch and fine pinnacled tower. The rectory of East Lambrook is a separate benefice. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans, a national school of 1863, and charities £24.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kingsbury Episcopi has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Somerset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kingsbury Episcopi and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingsbury Episcopi in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kingsbury Episcopi".