In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Huntspill like this:
HUNTSPILL, a village, a parish, a sub-district, and a hundred, in Somerset. The village stands near the mouth of the river Parret, 1½ mile SW of Highbridge r. station, and 5½ N of Bridgewater; is a widely scattered place; was once a market town; and has a post office under Bridgewater, and a fair on 29 June. ...
The parish includes also the village of East Huntspill, and the greater part of the tything of Aston-Morris. Acres, 9, 289; of which 3, 345 are water. Real property, £19, 897. Pop. in 1851, 1, 594; in 1861, 1, 695. Houses, 344. The manor belongs to the Rector. The surface is chiefly rich pasturage; and it is bounded, for some way, on one side by the Parret, on the other by the Brue. Brick making is carried on. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £650.* Patron, Baliol College, Oxford. The church is later English, in good condition; and consists of nave, aisles, transept, and chancel, with porch and tower. The vicarage of East Huntspill is a separate benefice. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school with about £6 from endowment, and charities £10.The sub-district contains also five other parishes and part of another; and is in Bridgewater district. Acres, 19,481. Pop., 4,003. Houses, 817.-The hundred contains only Huntspill and Puriton parishes; and bears the name of Huntspill and Puriton. Acres, 10,921. Pop., 2,299. Houses, 359.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Huntspill, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Huntspill ".