In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lutton like this:
LUTTON-BOURNE, or SUTTON-ST. NICHOLAS, a chapelry, with a village in Long Sutton parish, Lincoln; 2 miles N of Long Sutton r. station, and 5 E of Holbeach. Post town, Long Sutton, under Wisbeach, Acres, 3,845. Real property, £8,702. Pop., 817. Houses, 173. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £166. Patron, the Vicar of Long Sutton. The church is old; was repaired in 1859; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower and spire 159 feet high. There are chapels for Primitive Methodists and Unitarians, and a national school. Dr. Busby, the famous schoolmaster of the 17th century, was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lutton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Holland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lutton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lutton, in South Holland and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lutton".