In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lusby like this:
LUSBY, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 4 miles WNW of Spilsby, and 5½ ESE of Horncastle r. station. Post town, Spilsby. Acres, 760. Real property, £1,766. Pop., 132. Houses, 27. The limits include an allotment in the West Fen, with a pop. of 46. The property is divided between two. The manor and most of the land belong to the Bishop of Lincoln. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is good, and has a bell-turret. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lusby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lusby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lusby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lusby".