In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ludborough like this:
LUDBOROUGH, a village, a parish, and a wapentake, in Lincoln. The village stands near the East Lincoln railway, 5½ miles NNW of Louth; occupies the site of a Roman settlement; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Louth. The parish is in Louth district, and comprises 2,250 acres. Real property, £3,190. Pop., 401. Houses, 85. The manor belongs to the trustees of J. Livesey, Esq. The manor-house is very ancient, but has been modernized, and is now occupied by a farmer. ...
The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £590. Patron, R. Thorold, Esq. The church is a very fine early English structure; was well restored in 1860; comprises nave, aisles, and chancel, with a three-storied tower; contains a double piscina, foliated water-drains, and a circular-arched old aumbrie; and was found, while being restored, to contain a sepulchral slab of the 14th century, bearing an incised cross. There are chapels for Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and United Free Methodists, and a new Church of England school.-The wapentake contains also nine other parishes. Acres, 12,931. Pop., 1,892. Houses, 407.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ludborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ludborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ludborough, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ludborough".