In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Godney like this:
GODNEY, a chapelry in Meare parish, Somerset; on the river Brue, and on the Mid Somerset railway, 4½ miles WN W of Glastonbury. Post town, Glastonbury. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £55. Patrons, the Heirs of P. Davies, Esq. The church was built in 1838.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Godney, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Godney ".